Sunday, August 12, 2007

Have you ever had moments..

where you wished it could last forever?

It has been an incredibly eventful summer.Probably one of the best summers I've had in awhile... Starting with my Euro trip in May. Hands down, THE best trip I've ever had.Good company, good people, and good food.
Weekends this summer have been one event after another. Sadly summer is winding down and so are the good times....

What stood out this summer the most were the relationships I've formed with people as well as getting reaquainted with my family, especially with my cousins.
Growing up I was somewhat isolated from most of my cousins because of our age gap. But now that i'm OFFICIALLY old.. I feel that we're sort of on the same level mentally where we can actually engage in "adult" conversations. Whether it be about school, job, family or just life in general. To my cousins, I'm no longer that bratty little kid anymore..;) I'm actually an adult as scary as that may be.
Its kinda sad that we don't all get together often. It seems like the only occasions we ever see each other at are either at weddings or funerals. Friday, we all attended our aunt's funeral.
She had a stroke a year and a half ago and has been in a vegetative state since then. She was very young, only 58. Its quite sad because she didn't have to suffer like that. If only she had taken care of herself she would still be alive. But shes in a better place now and shes at peace. Her kids and husband are definitely at peace. For the first time I've seen them much more relaxed and peaceful in awhile. I guess her passing was a blessing in the sense that, shes in a much better place now and everyone can now move on with their lives.
After leaving the wake and cemetery everyone got together for a lunch in flushing. I was talking to my cousin and she really seemed to be in a better place now even though her mom has now passed. She was talking about god and about being spiritual in the last 2 years. It was kind of surprising because I had no idea she even had a spiritual side. But i guess in tough times, people do look to god for guidance. She said that she knows that from this point on, her life will get better. Honestly, I can't believe how incredibly strong she has been. I don't know how she has managed to remain hopeful and optimistic. The last 5 yrs especially has been somewhat of a whirlwind. First going through a divorce and now losing her mom. I guess it is true what they say...whatever bad cards life deals to you, it only makes you stronger.


Next thursday will be my 28th birthday. I can't believe it, it feels like only yesterday i was turning 21. OH how I wish I can turn back time. There are just so many things I would have done differently. C'est La vie!

"The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home