Monday, August 06, 2007

Circle of Life

My aunt passed away yesterday. I feel bad for not feeling more sad but I guess I already knew that her passing away was inevitable. Shes been in a vegetative state for the last year and a half. I can't believe how fast time flies. It feels just like yesterday I saw her at her house and she'd give me red envelopes for chinese new years. She was the nicest and sweetest person ever. Never complained about anything and worked hard and tiredlessly all through her last days.. if only i had that discipline and work ethic.It's just sad how young she was and how she suffered that massive stroke. I called my cousins yesterday to offer my condolences but I'm just so incredibly bad with words that I didn't know what to say. I think she's a in better place now, no more suffering, no more pain... I just wished she could have enjoyed life a little bit more towards the end of her life or maybe live to see her grandchildren being born.
Its a little surreal..just one month ago, all my cousin's and I who I haven't really seen awhile were all together celebrating Hai getting married...One month later we'll be seeing each other again, but on a sad occasion. Funny how life isn't it? I think I've been to too many funerals in my lifetime already.

To a wonderful and beautiful soul..may you rest in peace, you'll always be forever in my heart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home